||After a string of her own DIY EP’s, Low Leaf teams up with the burgeoning Fresh Selects label for the release of her official debut LP, AKASHAALAY. Her most fully realized and conceptual project to date, the album is a 10 song spiritual tribute to Low Leaf’s homeland, The Philippines. Inspired by her extended stays while touring there in recent years, and heartbroken by the tragedies the islands have recently faced, Low took to her instruments and wrote from the heart to her home. With themes of resurgence, unity, chaos, and gratitude – all rooted in tradition but looking towards the future – AKASHAALAY stands as a unique and powerful statement both to and from a region that’s all-too-unheard in American music today. Sonically, Low Leaf is heard here in her sharpest form yet – mixing the acoustic harp sound of her Alchemizing Dawn EP, with the electronic experimentation of UNEARTHly¬ – showing substantial growth and improvement upon them both, with a keen sense for traditional pop songwriting is its backbone.
• LP includes digital download card, colored sleeves with full lyrics, lock-out grooves and other hidden messages
• #1 Best Selling Cassette on Bandcamp its first week.
• Featured ‘World’ Selection on iTunes first month
• Recent press includes: L.A. Record magazine (cover), Bandcamp.com (cover), MTV, Spin, Consequence Of Sound and Boiler Room
• Recent collaborations include Hiatus Kaiyote, Ras_G, King Britt, Mark de Clive-Lowe, and MAST.
• R.I.Y.L.: Little Dragon, Lianne La Havas, Georgia Anne Muldrow, Kaki King, Yuna, Sonnymoon.